SHARE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS

SEND A TWEET ABOUT US

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Alicia Keys Dedicates Song to her Mom


"Mrs. Swizz Beatz lent her image to the June issue of Essence Magazine. In the cover story Alicia discusses her marriage to Swizzy, evolution in music and her forthcoming 10th anniversary release of her debut album, Songs In A Minor.

In an excerpt that leaked to the Web, Alicia reveals that she penned a dedication to her moms for her next release.

“In the past, I’ve written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, ‘I owe God.’ Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It’s dedicated to her…” -Alicia Keys " -

No comments:

Post a Comment