SHARE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS

SEND A TWEET ABOUT US

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Preach!: NFL Player David Tyree Openly Opposes Gay Marriage (video)


"While the state of New York is becoming incredibly close to becoming the sixth state that allows gay marriage, a few people in the spotlight are becoming vocal about their opposition or support of the move. Former New York Giants football player David Tyree, who was responsible for the winning catch that solidified the Giants’ victory against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, recently did an interview in which he spoke out in opposition of gay marriage. He also talked about why he decided to become more vocal about same sex marriage, and what message he believes gay marriages send the wrong message":

When dads are absent what do boys learn about how to be a man?
Our society permeates those three things, for men especially…sexual conquests, economic prowess. They’re extremely unfulfilling. At the height of my moment that actually lead me I realized I had athletic prowess, sexual conquests…at a very young stage, you know, economically well in my early career. I was at the lowest point of my life, it was extremely unfulfilling. Not to say that they’re all bad thing in and of themselves, but if they’re at the central focus of our being and that’s the message that we’re sending our children, you’re setting up to live unfulfilled, purposeless lives.

What will happen if they pass the gay marriage bill?
If they pass this gay marriage bill….I guess you can say my peace is in God’s sovereignty. But what I know will happen if this comes forth is this will be the beginning of our country sliding toward…you know, it’s a strong word, but anarchy. The moment we have, and if you trace back even to other cultures, other countries, that will be the moment in which our society in itself loses it’s grip with what’s right. I do believe that there is right and wrong. I do believe that there is good and evil. I believe that many things are subjective but I don’t believe that truth is. Marriage is one of those things that is the backbone of society. If you redefine it, it changes the way we educate our children, it changes the perception of what is good, what is right, and what is just.

Check out the interview and video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment