Chief Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Casey Anthony this morning for lying to police, giving her four years in jail and credit for the time she's already served since 2008.

How much credit she gets will be calculated later. But it's clear she's not getting out of jail today.

Sentence also include $1,000 fine for each of the four counts of lying to police.

Anthony showed no reaction during the sentencing.

Earlier, she arrived in Perry's courtroom appearing relaxed and happy.

Anthony, who normally wears her long hair in a bun on top of her head, is wearing her hair down today. She huddled with her attorneys, Cheney Mason and Dorothy Clay Sims, while smiling and stroking her hair before the hearing began.

Lisbeth Fryer, one of Anthony's attorneys, argued that Anthony's four convictions for lying to police should be consolidated into one count.

That's because all the lies were told in one conversation, Fryer said.

Fryer is noting that the concept of "double jeopardy" should be applied to merge the convictions into one charge because the false statements Anthony gave law enforcement stem from a single incident on July 16, 2008.

She is also citing case law to support her argument.

Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick disagreed, saying "It is our position that there is a temporal break between the lies,

Burdick says Casey's lies were intended to lead law enforcement "on a wild goose chase."

She says she did have time to pause and reflect about these mistruths and they did not occur in one single instance.

Earlier, Burdick let Perry know about the state's interest in collecting investigative costs from Anthony related to the search for Caylee Marie in 2008.

This morning, at least two deputies were seen at the Orange County Courthouse carrying gas masks in anticipation of a strong reaction following this morning's sentencing.

Other officers are patrolling on horses.

Public outrage has been building since Anthony was acquitted Tuesday of first-degree murder and other serious charges in connection with her daughter's death in 2008.

Calls to the Orange County Sheriff's Office about its preparations have not been immediately returned.

About 50 people have gathered peacefully outside the courthouse this morning for today's milestone moment."