SHARE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS

SEND A TWEET ABOUT US

Thursday, July 14, 2011

C'mon Son, Who Cares?!: Lloyd and Miguel Squash R&B Hair Beef


"It’s no secret that R&B Singers Lloyd and Miguel aren’t the best of friends after Miguel made a side comment about Lloyd’s hair via his twitter a few weeks ago. After Lloyd appeared on ’106 and Park’ to promote his new album and showed off his new hair tattoo, Miguel tweeted ‘Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Shouts to Lloyd’.

This past weekend, the two artists performed at ZHip Hop Cleveland’s Summer Jam and had the opportunity to meet face to face to iron out their differences backstage. Attempting to light up the mood backstage, Miguel started singing “We’re brothers, we’re happy and we’re singing and we’re colored” but Lloyd was not laughing. He immediately asked why Miguel sent out the ‘imitation’ tweet and Miguel responded that it was made out bigger than what it was:
‘I was being honest. That was an honest opinion. But it’s not on diss sh*t though. Nothing about it was a diss at all. You know n*ggas are trying to make it way bigger than anything it really was. They asked me a question about a site I was looking at. Yo, it shouldn’t have been said as honest as I may have been. If it was like me and you having a conversation, and I said it to you it would have been different. But the fact that I said it on twitter, it was f*cked up and I apologize for that.
Lloyd responded:
I just felt like it was disrespectful. On some real sh*t, I felt like it was cheap, distasteful jab. The idea behind it wasn’t to mock you or imitate you. It was just to shave my sh*t so I could get a tattoo. I’m growing it back because it really isn’t my thing. For you to say that and bring all that kind of energy to me during my album release week…. Why am I answering questions about my hair when I should actually be talking about my sh*t. I worked two years for it, you see what I’m saying?" -  Read more  - via Necolebitchie
Source:

listen to the audio of the face-to-face......

No comments:

Post a Comment