SHARE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS

SEND A TWEET ABOUT US

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

J. Cole Gives Jay-Z a Deadline to Turn in Verse (video)


Many sit in anticipation and uncertainty to hear what J. Cole has in store on his debut album, but one thing for sure is a classic calab with Jigga Man himself. J. Cole sat down with MTV to discuss the collaboration and the genesis of the beat and the hook. He also jokingly tells Jay not to forget about him, and to get his verse back to him asap.
“I actually did the song thinking I would just throw it out when I made it.  I made it in my crib and I was like, ‘Man I’m gonna throw something out today, or tomorrow whatever, let me do a song.’ Then I started making it, and as soon as I made it, I was like, ‘Oh nah, nah.’ I had already wrote the verses and I realized, ‘Man, this is for Jay.’ I finally made a song that was perfect for Jay.”

“When people hear the hook, it’s kind of like a message — I could be talking to a woman, to my girl, or to my fans or to friends. But it’s really a subliminal message to my fans in that hook.”



Get More: MTV Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment