SHARE WITH YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS

SEND A TWEET ABOUT US

Friday, July 15, 2011

Sports Fanatic: Lil Wayne Breaks Down Sports References on New Mixtape


"Today, Lil’ Wayne released a mixtape called “Sorry 4 the Wait.” Normally, CNN doesn’t report on a rapper releasing freestyle verses over other rappers’ beats. But Lil’ Wayne, widely regarded as one of the most important musicians on the planet, is not your typical rapper.

Throughout his career, Wayne has made it a point to reference his extensive and diverse knowledge of sports in his music. On 2007’s “Dough is What I Got,” Wayne defined his ambition by juxtaposing famous NBA players (“And when it comes down to this recording / I must be LeBron James if he’s Jordan / no, I want rings for my performance / I’m more a Kobe Bryant of an artist”)." - read more - via SportsGrid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment